Subject: future of lamip - questions/requests

Author: verdandi, 2005-08-04 04:33:48
-Is there any estimate for the time until pausing is implemented?
-Will there be a backend daemon that lamip can run on top of like mpd/xmms2?
-An extension to the question, is the ability to run it from an xterm and if your window manager crashes it will still play and you just need to bring up a new frontend(which I think can only be done with a daemon)
-Also, is there any way to externally control lamip? (usage examples: setting up alarms with cron, being able to report the song your listening to in irc)
-An official LAMIP logo? (for menus in window managers and like)
-And an audioscrobbler plugin request

thanks for your time and consideration of what I've asked :)

Replies

Author: verdandi, 2005-08-04 05:47:54
realized there is an icon...so nevermind that :)
rest still apply

Author: ciberfred, 2005-08-04 11:11:37
Hi verdandi !
There are so much things to do and so little time i have..
The last try i did is to play audio files contained in a .gz and .bz2 and... it's seems to work :)

About the daemon. what do you want to do exactly ? i began to code a control plugin that act as a daemon but it need a protocol to communicate via socket. For moment it's just listening from a socket and show on the standard output (the xterm) messages that it received. I could try to emulate the xmms2 daemon or the beep socket (by introducing some code from theses sofwares). so client of theses software could be used...depend of what users wants :)

Is pausing is really needed ? i could try to code it if it's really urgent. (for me it's not).

To act as a daemon i think there is something to render a program dependent to init instaed of the window manager session. I don't remember how to do it but it's possible to do it as user. If you found it how to do it ion 'c' maybe i could include it in the control daemon that i'm actually working on.

I also do an entry for e17 if you want :) let me upload it in the testing directory.

About the ape plugin as it's not me that i wrote it best is to ask directly to the author (normally it's written in the AUTHORS file).

Author: kKDu, 2005-09-20 00:29:36
Oh yes, pausing is needed!

And is there any work on the foobar control?

Author: ciberfred, 2005-09-20 12:06:50
if you want to code on you're welcome !, olv seems don't have time to update it for moment

Name : Email :